As part of the preliminary draft of an international competition to design a site director of the Pointe -du -Moulin in Montreal Chair in Landscape and Environmental Design at the University of Montreal in partnership with Plan Canada Lands Company ( CLC ) conducted a research markup previous projects concerning international project competition for completion of a Master urban Design Plan .
This research project aimed to stimulate discussion and to support the choice of a form of international competition to design a master plan for the area of Pointe -du- Moulin.
The first part of the work was to provide an overall assessment of competition with 5 completed planning tools . The second step was to provide a detailed study of the modalities and procedures referents identified and an analysis of the advantages and structuring effects of the process of international competitions.
The competition analysed were:
- BNE : Making Connections, Brisbane, Australia (2011)
- International Urban Design Competition for Wellesley Road and Park Lane, Croydon, United-Kingdom (2008-2009)
- Edmonton City Centre Redevelopment, Edmonton, Canada (2010-2011)
- Nya Årstafältet, Stockholm, Sweden (2008-2009)
- Lower Don Lands Design Competition, Toronto, Canada (2007)
In the wake of this research, CUPEUM initiated a prospective planning exercise on the future site of the Pointe-du-Moulin de Montreal vision.
- Research Manager
- Research Agent/Assistant
- Marc Chenouda, research officer, CPEUM